'Eureka's' Colin Ferguson to Star in Bill Lawrence's Fox Comedy
After five seasons on the Syfy series, Ferguson has been tapped to star in the "Cougar Town" creator's semi-autobiographical pilot "Like Father."
Eureka's Colin Ferguson has found his next gig.
The star of the Syfy drama -- which will kick off its fifth and final season in April -- has been tapped to star in Like Father, the Fox comedy pilot loosely inspired by Cougar Town co-creator Bill Lawrence's relationship with his father.
The single-camera project, which will be written, directed and executive produced by Lawrence, revolves around 19-year-old Will Lyons who comes of age in the shadow of his 39-year-old father, Van (Ferguson) as his dad infiltrates his college life and influences his friends.
Ferguson stars as Sheriff Jack Carter on Syfy's Eureka, which the cable network canceled in August after briefly committing to an abbreviated sixth season. Lawrence has long wanted to work with the actor, whose credits also include episodes of My Boys and CSI: Miami, but his commitment to the Syfy series made it logistically impossible.
He's repped by Oscars Abrams Zimel & Associates and Jackoway Tyerman.
The third season of Lawrence's ABC comedy Cougar Town premiered this week after initially being left off ABC's midseason schedule, returning to lackluster ratings. Eureka returns in April to Syfy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR