Ewan McGregor Talks 'Star Wars' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (Video)
The "Jack the Giant Slayer" is surprised to learn about Disney and Lucasfilm's upcoming spin-offs of the classic saga.
Although Ewan McGregor portrayed Obi-Wan Kenobi in the George Lucas' later Star Wars films, the actor was apparently kept out of the loop on the upcoming slate of spin-offs featuring the series' beloved characters.
McGregor, who will soon be seen in the big-screen fantasy adventure Jack the Giant Slayer, appeared caught off guard during his guest spot Wednesday on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! when Jimmy Kimmel asked if he'd been contacted by Disney about starring in the new Star Wars movies.
Earlier this week, Disney CEO Bob Iger, whose company acquired Lucasfilm in a $4.05 billion transaction last year, confirmed for investors that his company has lined up Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg to work on stand-alone Star Wars movies.
"Is there new news today? What was the news today?" asked McGregor, to which Kimmel responded: "There was a disturbance in the force today," informing the actor that Han Solo and Boba Fett movies were in the pipeline.
"Apparently you're not a part of it," he quipped.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)