'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition': Michelle Obama to Guest Star on the ABC Reality Series
The First Lady shoots her episode this week.
Michelle Obama landed on The Oprah Winfrey Show’s final season to speak about her initiative, Joining Forces, and now she’s rolling up her sleeves on ABC’s hit reality series, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
An ABC spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Obama joins the show’s crew on Thursday in Fayetteville, N.C. to work with a center for homeless female vets near Ft. Bragg, as first reported by People. She’ll take part in building a new greenhouse and a children’s play area.
Obama’s episode will air in October.
The First Lady has said she’ll do anything she can to get the word out about Joining Forces, which assists military veterans and their families. The initiative was co-founded with the VP’s wife, Dr. Jill Biden.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR