'Fairly Legal' Casts New Series Regular for Second Season
UPDATED: Ryan Johnson will play a sharp, up-and-coming trial attorney on the USA Network drama.
Fairy Legal is ramping up its cast as production on the second season of the USA Network drama is under way.
Ryan Johnson has been added as a series regular on the Sarah Shahi-led mediation series, which the cable network will premiere next year after retooling the show.
Johnson will play Ben Grogan, a sharp, up-and-coming trial attorney with the knack for making money and who sees no shame in having been "that lawyer guy on the bus ads." He isn't as concerned with the right and wrongs of a situation as he is maximizing his financial gain. He isn't afraid to speak the truth to power -- or anyone else.
After Fairly Legal was renewed earlier this year, executives at the network admitted that the series wasn't executed up to a certain level in its first season. Creator Michael Sardo stepped down as day-to-day showrunner and Pushing Daisies executive producer Peter Ocko was tapped to take over duties in the new season.
Johnson, repped by Shanahan Management and McKeon-Myones Management, has appeared on Australian soap Home and Away, Ghost Rider and Out of the Blue.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR