TNT's 'Falling Skies' Returns Lower for Season 2
Sunday's two-hour opener averaged 4.5 million viewers.
After launching last summer as basic cable's top freshman show, TNT's Falling Skies kicked off season two with respectably strong numbers.
The two-hour season premiere averaged 4.5 million viewers on Sunday evening from 9-11 p.m. That's down nearly 1.5 million from the 5.9 million viewers who tuned in last June for the launch of DreamWorks TV's sci-fi project and lower than the season one finale.
To compare, the recent two-hour Dallas debut last Wednesday averaged 6.9 million viewers.
Among adults 18-49, the Noah Wyle-led drama drew 1.87 million, and among adults 25-54, drew 2.2 million.
Sunday saw competition from a slew of series ending their respective during the 9-11 p.m. hours, including AMC's The Killing, HBO's Girls, Showtime's The Big C and Nurse Jackie, and Lifetime's The Client List.
Falling Skies airs Sundays at 9 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!