'Falling Skies' Renewed for Fourth Season at TNT
The series is averaging 5.8 million total viewers when factoring in DVR data.
TNT has renewed Falling Skies.
The Turner-owned cable network announced Tuesday that the futuristic drama will return for a fourth season.
So far this summer, the DreamWorks Television drama starring Noah Wyle ranks as basic cable's No. 1 scripted series among adults 18-49 and 25-54. The fourth season will again consist of 10 episodes and return in summer 2014. When factoring in DVR viewing, season three is averaging 5.8 million total viewers. Season two of the alien invasion drama averaged 5.6 million total viewers in Live +7, ranking as basic cable's top summer drama among adults 25-54.
The drama from executive producer Steven Spielberg opened its third season down slightly compared with season two's bow. Its two-hour premiere in June averaged 4.2 million viewers, down 300,000 year-over-year. However, in the key adults 18-49 metric, it was up slightly from last year with the median age also skewing two years younger than last year.
Falling Skies joins a roster of original scripted dramas at the network, including Dallas, Major Crimes, Franklin & Bash, King & Maxwell and the upcoming The Last Ship, Legends and Lost Angels. A decision about the future of Franklin & Bash as well as King & Maxwell has not yet been determined.
The series is one of three Spielberg has on the air. CBS opened the Spielberg-produced Under the Dome to massive numbers last week and ABC will premiere lottery drama Lucky 7 later this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)