'Falling Skies' Renewed for Season 2
TNT has renewed Falling Skies for a second season.
The Noah Wyle-starring sci-fi drama debuted to 5.9 million total viewers, cable's top series launch this year. The 10-episode second season is slated to air summer 2012.
“Falling Skies is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing,” said Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies. “We’re reaching new audiences with Falling Skies and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next.”
Falling Skies follows the aftermath of an invasion of an alien military force on Earth and is executive produced by Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Television.
With Live + 7, Falling Skies drew 8 million to its premiere on Sunday, June 19 and averaged 3.8 million in the ad-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 4.5 million in 25-54.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR