TNT Renews 'Falling Skies'
The sci-fi drama led by Noah Wyle will return for a third season.
TNT has renewed Falling Skies for a third season.
The cable network, which recently launched rookie series Perception, has ordered 10 more episodes of the Noah Wyle-led sci-fi drama. Season three is scheduled to premiere in summer 2013.
"Falling Skies is television storytelling at its very best, a powerful drama that's told on both an epic scale and on a deeply personal level," said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "With all the memorable and surprising moments taking place during the second season of Falling Skies, we can't wait to see what DreamWorks Television and Falling Skies' terrific production team and cast members have in store for season three."
Thus far this season, Falling Skies has averaged roughly 4 million viewers per episode in its Sunday time slot.
Falling Skies follows the aftermath of an invasion of an alien military force on Earth and is executive produced by Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Television. Wyle leads a cast that includes Moon Bloodgood, Drew Roy, Connor Jessup, Colin Cunningham, Will Patton, Maxim Knight, Seychelle Gabriel, Peter Shinkoda and Sarah Carter.
In support of the current season, TNT launched a weekly web series, 2nd Watch, hosted by Wil Wheaton.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing