'Fashion Star': Nicole Richie, John Varvatos Join NBC Competition Series as Mentors
Nicole Richie and John Varvatos have joined NBC's reality competition series Fashion Star.
The two will serve as celebrity mentors on the upcoming show, hosted by Elle Macpherson and previously announced mentor Jessica Simpson.
“NBC could not have asked for better additions to the celebrity mentors than John Varvatos, one of the most well-known menswear designers in the nation and international style icon and creative director, Nicole Richie,” said Paul Telegdy, executive vice president of alternative programming at NBC and Universal Media Studios. “Both are trendsetters and tastemakers and their design skills and expertise will be invaluable to our contestants on the series.”
Fashion Star, produced by Electus, 5X5 Media and Magical Elves, is a competition series that searches for the next brand in fashion. Richie and Simpson both have fashion lines, while Varvatos is a high-end designer. It was recently announced that Richie would be expanding her House of Harlow 1960 line to include handbags.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack