'Fast & Furious' Actor Boards Fox's 'Gang Related' Pilot
The addition to the drama reteams recurring franchise star Sung Kang with scribe Chris Morgan.
Fox's Gang Related pilot is getting a little faster and more furious.
Fast & Furious franchise star Sung Kang has boarded the drama pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Kang has played Han Seoul-Oh in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Fast & Furious, Fast Five and the upcoming Fast & Furious 6 -- all four of which were penned by Gang Related writer and executive producer Chris Morgan.
Following news of Ramon Rodriguez (Charlie's Angels) being cast as the lead, Kang has been tapped to play Tae Kim, a Korean-American FBI agent who specializes in Asian gang activity. He's loaned out to the San Francisco Police Department, where he butts heads with Ryan Lopez (Rodriguez), a gang member infiltrating the force.
Morgan is writing the pilot for 20th Television. Scott Rosenbaum, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo join him as executive producers, and Imagine Entertainment's Allen Hughes will direct.
Kang is repped by WME, Management 360 and attorney Rick Genow. He is onscreen opposite Sylvester Stallone in Bullet to the Head.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10