'Fast & Furious' Actor Boards Fox's 'Gang Related' Pilot
The addition to the drama reteams recurring franchise star Sung Kang with scribe Chris Morgan.
Fox's Gang Related pilot is getting a little faster and more furious.
Fast & Furious franchise star Sung Kang has boarded the drama pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Kang has played Han Seoul-Oh in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Fast & Furious, Fast Five and the upcoming Fast & Furious 6 -- all four of which were penned by Gang Related writer and executive producer Chris Morgan.
Following news of Ramon Rodriguez (Charlie's Angels) being cast as the lead, Kang has been tapped to play Tae Kim, a Korean-American FBI agent who specializes in Asian gang activity. He's loaned out to the San Francisco Police Department, where he butts heads with Ryan Lopez (Rodriguez), a gang member infiltrating the force.
Morgan is writing the pilot for 20th Television. Scott Rosenbaum, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo join him as executive producers, and Imagine Entertainment's Allen Hughes will direct.
Kang is repped by WME, Management 360 and attorney Rick Genow. He is onscreen opposite Sylvester Stallone in Bullet to the Head.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR