'Fear Factor': Joe Rogan Officially Returning as Host
The original host will be at the helm of eight episodes of the series.
Joe Rogan is coming back to NBC’s rebooted Fear Factor.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the reality-competition series host will return when the rebooted Fear Factor returns to NBC for its eight-episode run, as first reported by TV Guide.
No host was announced when NBC and Endemol USA first unveiled Fear Factor’s return this month.
However, in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Fear Factor executive producer Matt Kunitznoted that there was a “good chance” that Rogan would be among those returning to the series along with stunt coordinator Pat Romano and director Rupert Thompson.
Kunitz told THR that the series would focus on the family and embrace technology in a way that the earlier incarnation was unable to.
Fear Factor originally bowed on the network in summer 2001 and ran for six cycles with host Rogan. The series was pulled during its revamped sixth season in 2006 when it struggled in head-to-head competition with Fox’s American Idol. During its NBC run from summer 2001 to 2006, Fear Factor averaged 11.5 million viewers and a 5.0 rating in the adults 18-49 demo.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10