'Holliston,' FEARnet's First Original Series, Renewed for Second Season
Season 2 of the comedy set within the horror world will bow in summer 2013.
FEARnet is 1-for-1 with its original programming.
The horror and thriller cable network has renewed Holliston, its first scripted offering, for a second season, FEARnet announced Tuesday.
The early renewal comes after the '80s comedy, created by and starring Adam Green, has aired two episodes in its Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. slot. Season 2 will bow in summer 2013.
"Holliston resonates with both genre junkies and more mainstream comedy fans alike, making our first push into original programming a successful attempt for diversifying our schedule and showing the breadth of our audience,” FEARnet president and GM Peter Block said in a statement announcing the news.
Despite being on a horror-themed network, Green told THR earlier this month that Holliston isn't dark, frightening or disturbing -- it's just a comedy that happens to take place in the horror world.
"Society forgets sometimes that horror fans aren't all about realistic violence or sadistic disturbing imagery," he said. "It's about time that horror fans were represented as main characters and real people within the world of a traditional multicamera sitcom; we've always been the off-beat supporting characters or sight-gags."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR