FEARnet Orders First Original Series
The cable network has ordered "Holliston," a half-hour multicamera comedy starring Adam Green and Joe Lynch.
FEARnet has ordered its first original series: Holliston, a multicamera buddy comedy starring directors Adam Green and Joe Lynch.
Created by Green (Frozen), the series is set in Holliston, MA, and revolves around Adam and Joe, two friends with dreams of becoming successful horror movie filmmakers who struggle to make ends meat in their post-college jobs at a Boston cable-access station where they also host a late-night movie show called The Movie Crypt.
“This show has just the right amount of wrong, and you really can’t imagine it ever making it on to TV,” FEARnet president Peter Block said Monday in a statement announcing the news. “That’s where FEARnet comes in.
The ensemble cast includes The Hills Have Eyes’ Laura Ortiz and The Bedford Diaries’ Corri English.
The sitcom, which will start production this year, stands as the network’s first original series and air its six episodes as part of the network’s Twisted Comedy block on Tuesdays, which includes the Jason Mewes starrer Todd & The Book of Pure Evil and Psychoville.
“This is a show built on the memories and real-life experiences of our post-college days, wrapped in a shroud of wrongness, packed full of movie quotes and genre references, and topped off with plenty of jokes at the expense of our real-life friends and industry associates,” Green said. “No other network would have the guts to make this show; we’re pushing the boundaries of television. I mean, what other sitcom on television includes exploding heads and an imaginary alien friend who lives in the closet? We plan to really turn the traditional American sitcom on its head. It's the first horror sitcom. A hor-icom!"
Green is repped by Industry Entertainment; Lynch is with Anonymous.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack