Chelsea Handler Riffs 'Fifty Shades of Grey' For New Book
E! host inks deal to pen "50 Shades of Chartreuse," which is due in October 2013.
Chelsea Handler is hopping on the erotic hit bandwagon in her own unique way.
Grand Central Publishing announced today that it inked a deal with the E! Host for 50 Shades of Chartreuse: This time its personal, her new book.
Publication is set for October 2013 under Handler's Chelsea Handler Book/Borderline Amazing personal imprint at Grand Central.
No concrete details about its subject matter and how it might riff on Fifty Shades of Grey were released.
In a statement, Beth de Guzman, VP, Editor-in-Chief of the paperbacks division at GC, who acquired the book joked, "The new book is groundbreaking. Bigger stories, smaller type. We can’t wait to publish it.”
In addition to hosting Chelsea Lately on the E! Cable Television Network, Handler is the author several previous bestsellers including, Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea; Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang and Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me.
Literary agent Michael Broussard of ISB New Media handled the deal for Handler.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)