Cable Ratings: Science Channel's 'Firefly' Special Delivers, MTV's 'Teen Mom 2' Down
UPDATED: The one-hour "Firefly" broadcast produced a strong showing for Science.
Science Channel's 10th anniversary Firefly special delivered for the cable network this past weekend. How did it do?
Airing Sunday evening, Firefly: Browncoats Unite drew 1.2 million total viewers at 10 p.m., easily delivering for the Science Channel. The hourlong special, featuring a discussion from producers and cast members, scored the net's most-watched Sunday among adults 25-54.
Elsewhere on the dial that evening, TLC's finale of Breaking Amish averaged 3.8 million viewers at 9 p.m., followed by reunion special Breaking Amish: The Shunning Truth - Part One, which drew 3.9 million at 10 p.m. The special posted some of TLC's best ratings of the year in several demographics, including adults 18-34 and total viewership.
On Monday, MTV unraveled the third season of Teen Mom 2, which averaged 3.4 million viewers at 10 p.m., below its season two premiere but up from the finale. Among persons 12-34, Teen Mom 2 was the top original cable show for the evening.
New series Catfish: The TV Show, about Internet dating, drew 2.7 million viewers following Teen Mom 2, with a 2.6 rating among 12-34, the top series launch on MTV since Ridiculousness.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting