'The Firm': 'Battlestar Galactica,' 'Detroit 187' Duo to Recur
Tricia Helfer and Shaun Majumder join the NBC adaptation of the 1993 feature film.
Tricia Helfer and Shaun Majumder are heading to NBC’s The Firm.
The series, from Sony Pictures Television, has enlisted the duo in recurring roles, with former Battlestar Galacitica co-star Helfer playing partner Alex Clark and Majumder (Detroit 187) playing Andrew Palmer.
The remake of the 1993 Tom Cruise film based on the book by John Grisham stars Josh Lucas as Mitch McDeere, Callum Keith Rennie as Ray McDeere, Molly Parker as Abby McDeere and Juliette Lewis as Tammy Hemphill.
The series will pick up a decade after the feature film was set, where young attorney McDeere (Lucas) brought down the prestigious Memphis law firm Bendini, Lambert & Locke, which operated as a front for the Chicago mob.
The family emerges from isolation only to find dangers from their past – and future – still a threat.
The series is produced by Entertainment One, in association with SPT and Paramount Pictures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack