Fox Cuts Episode Order for Midseason Comedy 'Goodwin Games'
With full seasons ordered for the network's Tuesday comedy block, the late entry starring Becki Newton, Scott Foley and T.J. Miller will only produce seven episodes.
The Goodwin Games will be much shorter when they finally premiere.
A Fox rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the episode order for its midseason entry has been cut nearly in half. With a lack of room on the schedule, the 20th Century Fox TV comedy will now produce seven episodes in lieu of the originally ordered 13.
A lack of room is one reason for the decision. Raising Hope, New Girl and The Mindy Project recently had their episode orders upped to 24, while freshman Ben and Kate had a somewhat smaller pickup of 19 episodes. The packed Tuesday leaves little space for a midseason entry, one reason why Goodwin Games did not appear on Fox's list of midseason premiere dates last week.
From How I Met Your Mother EPS producers Carter Bays, Craig Thomas and Chris Harris, The Goodwin Games follows three estranged siblings forced to reconnect after their father's death while competing against each other to inherit his fortune.
The series stars Becki Newton, Scott Foley and T.J. Miller.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR