Fox Developing Event Series Based on Boston Marathon Tragedy
Rod Lurie is adapting "Long Mile Home," a book by two Boston Globe reporters chronicling the 2013 attack.
Fox is developing an event series about the 2013 Boston Marathon tragedy.
Based on Long Mile Home: Boston Under Attack, the City's Courageous Recovery and the Epic Hunt for Justice, by Boston Globe reporters Scott Helman and Jenna Russell, the project will be written, directed and executive produced by Rod Lurie.
The project will follow the heartbreak, terror and triumph on Boston's tragic marathon day and the week that followed, told through the eyes of various Bostonians, according to the official logline.
Basil Iwanyk (We Are Marshall, The Expendables) and Kent Kubena of Thunder Road Pictures will also executive produce along with Lurie, with Helman and Russell serving as consultants.
The Boston Globe was awarded a Pulitzer Prize for their reporting on the marathon bombing last April, which killed three people and injured more than 250.
Should the project move forward, this would be the latest event series at Fox, which will debut 24: Live Another Day on May 5 and is readying several others (Gracepoint, Hieroglyph, Wayward Pines).
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)