Fox Developing Family Comedy 'Bastards' From 'Butter' Scribe
Jamie Tarses, "Breaking In's" and Seth Gordon will also executive produce the Sony Pictures Television project about a family that has never met.
Fox is looking for a family of strangers.
The network has given script orders to Bastards, a single-camera comedy from Butter scribe Jason Micallef.
The project, which hails from Sony Pictures Television, Fanfare and Underground, will tell the story about a family who has never met.
Micallef will write and executive produce the project alongside Fanfare's Jamie Tarses (Men at Work, Made in Jersey) and Seth Gordon (Breaking In, Bored to Death) and Underground's Trevor Engelson and Josh Turner McGuire.
Micallef penned the screenplay for the Weinstein Co.'s feature Butter, which starred Olivia Wilde and Hugh Jackman in a story about a girl with a penchant for carving butter.
For SPT-based Tarses, Bastards marks her latest sale this development season, joining family comedy Big City, which is set up at ABC. The effort brings Gordon back to the network that canceled Christian Slater workplace comedy Breaking In for a second time after it was brought back from the dead last season.
Micallef is repped by WME, Underground and Stone Meyer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game