Fox Yanks 'I Hate My Teenage Daughter'
The underperforming comedy, which hit a series low Tuesday, will take its planned hiatus sooner than expected.
After notching another series low Tuesday night, Fox has opted to pull I Hate My Teenage Daughter sooner than expected.
The freshman comedy -- which the network had planned to yank from its Tuesday night comedy block after its April 3 airing -- will be removed from the schedule immediately, the network announced Wednesday.
Instead, repeats of Raising Hope will air in its 8:30 p.m. slot on March 27 and April 3.
All four comedies in Fox's Tuesday block -- Raising Hope, Daughter, New Girl and Breaking In -- hit season lows last night, giving the network a 1.7 demo rating for the night and 3.7 million viewers.
Fox last week announced it would shelve the series and expand American Idol to two hours in April once Glee returned from its winter hiatus.
I Hate My Teenage Daughter is currently slated to return in the summer.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)