Fox Inks New Deal With Gordon Ramsay, Announces 'MasterChef' Spinoff
The multi-year pact adds a fifth series to Ramsay's network roster and includes orders for additional seasons of Hell's Kitchen and the original MasterChef.
Fox is sticking with Gordon Ramsay. The chef and television personality has re-upped his deal with the network, signing a multi-year pact that, among other things, sees him launching a fifth series on the network next season.
Junior Masterchef, a spin on the summer cooking competition featuring young cooking enthusiasts, joins the Fox schedule during the 2013-14 season. Additionally, parent series Masterchef has been picked up for an additional two seasons to air after the upcoming fourth. Flagship Hell's Kitchen, currently in its 11th season, has preemptively been renewed for a 13th run.
“Gordon brings an incredible level of energy and passion to each of his series that our viewers absolutely love, so we are thrilled that he will continue building his brand here on Fox,” said network president of alternative entertainment Mike Darnell. “He’s a global superstar, and the success and longevity of his unprecedented five series on our network proves that America just can’t get enough of Gordon.”
Fox and Ramsay's foothold in the culinary space has been unmatched by other broadcast networks despite many attempts. Junior Masterchef, Masterchef and Hell's Kitchen join the previously renewed Kitchen Nightmares and Hotel Hell as other Ramsay properties on the roster.
Hell's Kitchen, which launched Ramsay's career on Fox in 2005, remains a strong performer for the network 11 seasons in. The current season has been a boon to the tricky Tuesday time slot of 8 p.m., currently averaging a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.3 million viewers.
“We have such great teams and partners on these shows, and I’m really excited we’re able to offer this new opportunity to young budding chefs across the country with Junior Masterchef,” added Ramsay. “Having my own children who love to cook, I know firsthand the skill and passion these kids can have at such a young age, and what they can do with it. It’s just extraordinary to watch them in action.”
Produced by Shine America and Ramsay's One Potato Two Potato, Junior MasterChef is based on a U.K. format and will include the MasterChef panel of Ramsay, Joe Bastianich and Graham Elliot. In the lower-stakes spinoff, which will feature children between the ages of 8 and 13, the judges will also train the contestants and and encourage them to cook.
Ramsay is repped by CAA and Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)