Fox's Teen Spy Drama Pilot From 'Bones' Producer Casts its Lead
Newcomer Saxon Sharbino will star as the feisty girl who's also a fledgling covert operative in the project from Karyn Usher.
After a prolonged search, Fox has tapped a newcomer to star in its teen spy drama from Bones producer Karyn Usher.
Saxon Sharbino, whose limited credits include playing an "emotional fan" in an episode of NBC/DirecTV's Friday Night Lights, has been tapped to star as the orphaned 14-year-old daughter of a CIA operative in the project written and executive produced by Usher, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
In the 20th Television drama, Sharbino's Jane Forsythe is described as a feisty, cool-headed, strong-willed teen who encounters a mysterious rogue agent who serves as both her surrogate father and professional mentor in the spy world.
When Fox picked up the project to pilot in mid-January, the character was envisioned with an older teen (a 17-year-old) at its center.
Usher, whose credits include writing and co-producing Prison Break, will be joined on the untitled project by exec producers Marty Adelstein, Becky Clements and Shawn Levy, with Brett Ratner attached to direct the pilot, which also hails from 21 Laps/Adelstein Productions.
Sharbino, who also appeared in the feature I Spit on Your Grave, is repped by Innovative Artists and Booh Schut Co.
- Judd Apatow Reveals His Penis Rule and Talks About 'Girls' Sex Scenes Banned by HBO
- TV Finale Dates 2014: The Complete Guide
- Multiple 'Game of Thrones' Movies Eyed by George R.R. Martin
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR