Fox Moves 'Enlisted' to Post-'Bones' Slot
The rookie comedy will swap time slots with veteran comedy "Raising Hope" starting Jan. 24.
Fox is giving freshman comedy Enlisted a vote of confidence.
Effective Friday, the military comedy starring Geoff Stults, Chris Lowell and Parker Young will swap time slots with veteran Raising Hope, with Enlisted nabbing the post-Bones slot at 9 p.m. and Hope moving to 9:30 p.m.
The move comes after Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly told reporters at TCA that the network would stick with the critically praised but low-rated series.
"I really like Enlislted. I wish it did a higher number. I'm going to hang with it through the 13 and let's see how the DVR looks," Reilly said, noting that he did not want to tinker with the network's Tuesday comedy lineup in scheduling the series for typically low-rated Fridays.
Enlisted premiered Jan. 10 to an underwhelming 0.7 rating among adults 18-49, improving 86 percent in Live+3 DVR numbers. The series dipped slightly in its second week, pulling a 0.6 in the demo.
The decision comes three months after Fox pushed the series from the crowded November premiere to January in an effort to launch the series with heavy marketing during the network's postseason baseball coverage.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)