Fox Pulls 'Breaking In' From Schedule
The network will air "New Girl" encores in its place through May.
Fox has pulled sophomore comedy Breaking In.
Beginning April 24, when Breaking In was slated to return, the network will air encores of Zooey Deschanel's New Girl in its place at 9:30 p.m. The repeats will follow new episodes of New Girl until May 8, when the season finale is scheduled to air.
The remaining episodes of Breaking In, which stars Christian Slater and Megan Mullally, will air at a later date.
Created by Adam F. Goldberg and Seth Gordon, the Sony TV-produced Breaking In has struggled in the ratings since it launched its second season in March, hovering around 3 million viewers. The show had originally been canceled last May, but was brought back by Fox for a slot on the midseason schedule.
The news comes after Fox officially renewed New Girl, which saw a 22 percent jump last night with the help of a Glee lead-in, for a second season.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)