Fox Pushing 'Rake' With New Marketing Ploy
The network has teamed with Uber to heighten awareness for the freshman drama starring Greg Kinnear.
Ahead of the debut of Rake, Fox is teaming up with car service Uber for a weeklong marketing ploy.
From Friday through Thursday, Jan. 23, Uber will be giving out 200 free rides every night as a lead-up to the Jan. 23 premiere of the Greg Kinnear drama series.
In order to enter the contest, users must follow the official Fox Twitter account (@FOXTV) and use the #dontjudge hashtag when it kicks off at 6 p.m. PST/9 p.m. EST. The free Uber ride is the equivalent of $25 and can be used for 30 days following receipt of the promo code, which is sent via direct message.
Rake follows Keegan Deane (Kinnear), a criminal defense lawyer whose personal problems have led him to self-destructive behavior that has him battling wits with everyone around him.
This isn't the first time Fox has attempted to spread the word for its freshmen shows. Last year, Fox rolled out photo booths across the country in prime locations to heighten awareness to The Following.
Rake premieres Thursday, Jan. 23 at 9 p.m. on Fox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR