Fox Trims 'Dads' Episode Order
The network has cut its back-nine pickup by three episodes.
Fox is cutting its back order for freshman comedy Dads.
After picking up a back-nine for the live-action comedy from executive producer Seth MacFarlane in October, the network has trimmed that order by three episodes, bringing the first-year show's total order to 19 as Fox re-evaluates its needs amid a crowded midseason schedule.
The news comes after Fox announced that Dads -- along with Tuesday sophomore comedy The Mindy Project -- was being shelved for midseason.
In place of both Tuesday comedies, Fox will move Glee back to its former home at 8 p.m. on the night starting Feb. 25.
Dads will run through Feb. 11 and may return at a later date as the network evaluates its midseason schedule, which includes dramas The Following and Rake as well as rookie comedy Enlisted.
The news comes as Dads has been the lowest performer among Fox's freshman class.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR