Fox Renews 'So You Think You Can Dance'
The series will return for its ninth season on the network.
So You Think You Can Dance continues to have all the right moves for Fox.
The network has picked up the reality competition series for a ninth season, Fox president of Alternative Entertainment Mike Darnell announced Thursday.
“For the past eight seasons, So You Think You Can Dance has been a huge part of our success,” he said. “We are excited to bring the series and an incredible set of new dancers back for another fantastic season.”
The summer staple, which crowned Melanie Moore its Season 8 winner, ranked No. 1 in its time period among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, as well as tops in aduls 18-34 and teens.
Audition information for the Emmy-nominated series hosted by Cat Deeley will be announced soon.
SYTYCD was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and comes from 19 Entertainment and Dick Clark Productions.
The news follows Fox's third-season renewal for its Gordon Ramsay cooking competition series MasterChef.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!