Fox Schedules Primetime Sampling for Animation Domination High-Def Block
New late-night Saturday offerings "Axe Cop" and "High School USA!" will get early premieres during the network's Sunday cartoon block.
In hopes of luring more eyeballs to its new late-night block of animation, Fox has scheduled a half-hour of primetime sampling for the week before the official premiere.
Animation Domination High-Def, which sees Fox make another foray into late-night on Saturday, will debut two of its original cartoons on Sunday, July 21. Axe Cop and High School USA! will air during the 9:30 p.m. half-hour in lieu of an American Dad repeat.
The block's official premiere, still set for Saturday, July 27, will now feature new originals of both series and encores of the July 21 episodes -- followed by an encore of The Cleveland Show.
The first of several series headed to the ADHD block, Axe Cop and High School USA! boast a roster of voice talent that includes Vincent Kartheiser, Mandy Moore, Ken Marino, Patton Oswalt, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally.
Fox recently announced that the late-night block, originally planned as 90 minutes, will now air for only an hour. In lieu of airing the planned animation repeats at midnight, Fox will return the first midnight half-hour to affiliates as of Sept. 7.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR