Fox Developing Surfing Drama From 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' Writer (Exclusive)
UPDATED: Family drama "The Break" will be executive produced by "Saving Grace's" Gary Randall and "Majors & Minors' " Tim Bogart and written by Elizabeth Chandler.
Surf's up at Fox.
The network has given script orders to The Break, a drama set in the world of Santa Cruz surfing competitions, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
From Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants writer Elizabeth Chandler, the family drama is told through the eyes of Mia Walker, a 16-year-old girl with a troubled and mysterious past who is sent to the surfing town to live with the father she's never known. There, she must learn to navigate a culture that's as foreign to her as her father is. The ensemble drama will chronicle the personal lives and relationships of a group of young adults in the close-knit community where surfing is everything.
Chandler, whose credits also include the Sisterhood sequel, will pen the script for ABC Studios, with Saving Grace's Gary Randall and Majors & Minors' Tim Bogart on board to executive produce via Boardwalk Entertainment.
Chandler is repped by Paradigm; Randall is with Bloom Hergott.
Editor's note: An older version of this story reported the project in development at ABC. The drama is in the works at Fox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR