Fox Ups 'The Mindy Project's' First Season Order to 24 Episodes
After news of another preemption this coming Tuesday, the freshman comedy gets an additional two to its recently ordered back nine.
The Mindy Project is getting an extra-large season.
After news of an X-Factor-induced preemption for its Oct. 23 outing, Fox has ordered an additional two episodes from the freshman comedy. That brings its first season episode count to 24.
The Mindy Project, created by star Mindy Kaling, has performed solidly for the network, recently pulling a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49. With Live+7 numbers in for premiere week, its opener jumped 29 percent to a 3.0. (It's still dropping from its New Girl lead.)
With another Mindy preemption planned for Nov. 6 election night, the extra order of episodes means that there should be fewer encores later in the year.
Fellow Tuesday freshman Ben and Kate recently received an order for six additional episodes. The network's only other new series, The Mob Doctor, has yet to receive any additional episodes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram