Fox Adds 'X Factor' Encores to Friday Schedule
Slowly building its ratings after debuting against NBC's "The Voice," the sophomore season of the competition will replace planned episodes of "Kitchen Nightmares" for three weeks.
Fox is adding another hour of The X Factor to its primetime lineup, though it will be a repeat.
The network announced Friday that it will air one-hour encores of its sophomore series on Friday nights, starting Sept. 28, for three consecutive weeks. That means planned 8 p.m. episodes of Kitchen Nightmares will be rescheduled for later in the season.
It's not an altogether surprising move for the competition, which saw its much-hyped season debut to a significant drop in viewers 18-49 airing against a special broadcast of NBC's The Voice.
And this tactic is one actually employed by X Factor's biggest competition. NBC aired special encores of The Voice last Saturday and Wednesday.
Week to week, X Factor has been improving. Fast affiliate ratings have Thursday's up 10 percent over last week's demo showing, and Wednesday's episode improved 12 percent.
Encores are currently scheduled for Sept. 28, Oct. 5 and. Oct 12.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR