'X Factor' Double Elimination: Who Went Home for the Holidays?
On Wednesday's results show, Lakoda Rayne and LeRoy Bell say goodbye to the Fox competition.
The X Factor definitely knows how to make sure its performers know the true meaning of Thanksgiving. On Tuesday’s performance show, the nine acts dedicated their songs to people they’re thankful for. And on Wednesday’s results show, seven of those contestants were just plain thankful they weren’t one of the two to be booted in a double elimination.
Kelly Clarkson opened the show with her newest single “What Doesn’t Kill You” and the contestants performed a medley of Pink songs before the show decided to play with our emotions.
Host Steve Jones called Drew Ryniewicz and Lakoda Rayne onstage – one of them will be eliminated for having the lowest number of America’s votes. Looking back now, it really shouldn’t have been so nerve-racking to me. There’s no way Drew could go home before Lakoda Rayne. Duh. Paula Abdul’s judge-formed group is out and I give them two weeks before they’re out trying to sign solo contracts again. Drew can now be thankful that she doesn’t have to sweat bullets for the rest of the hour.
After a performance by Bruno Mars on his single, “It Will Rain,” from Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1, the show calls the remaining contestants onstage. The safe contestants are Chris Rene, Rachel Crow, Josh Krajcik, Melanie Amaro, and… Astro. It looks like his apology worked, huh? America, I don’t think you were wrong for forgiving him for his bad behavior and letting him move on. OK, movin’ on…
Marcus Canty and LeRoy Bell will now have to sing their survival songs. Marcus performs Christina Aguilera’s “You Lost Me.” And then LeRoy sings The Beatles’ “Don’t Let Me Down.”
Here’s how the judges’ voted:
L.A. Reid votes to eliminate LeRoy
Nicole Scherzinger votes to eliminate Marcus
Paula Abdul votes to eliminate Marcus
Simon Cowell votes to eliminate LeRoy and creates a tie.
So, this is the first time this has happened. Because of the tie, the final decision defers to America’s votes. And the person who had the least amount of votes is… LeRoy. I kind of predicted he'd go (see my bottom two choices from Tuesday’s recap), though I’m a fan of his. He makes 60 look like the new 30 and there’s no denying that he’s a talented singer.
How do you feel about the double elimination? Sound off in the comments section below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!