Fox's Kevin Reilly: 'Glee' Likely to End After Season 6
"I would not anticipate it goes beyond two more seasons," the executive tells reporters at TCA.
Fox has an end in sight for Glee.
After renewing the musical dramedy in April for two additional seasons, Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly told reporters Thursday at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour that the series will likely wrap after its sixth season.
"I would not anticipate it goes beyond two more seasons," Reilly told The Hollywood Reporter following his executive session, further clarifying that you should "never say never."
"There's two very clear arcs to get to that end and conclude," he added. "Listen, if we discover a new crop of kids and there's some breakout, who knows? But right now we're thinking about two seasons."
The series will tackle the passing of star Cory Monteith in the third episode of its upcoming fifth season in a tribute that will tackle drug addiction, with proceeds from the show's music sales going to a scholarship fund for kids established in the name of the late actor.
Reilly noted Monteith's passing -- the actor died July 13 of a mixture of drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol -- "does change" the conclusion co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk had crafted for the musical.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Julie Delpy Slams The Academy As 'White Men Over 70 Who Need Money'
- Jamie Dornan Learned How To Walk On The 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Set ... No, Really
- John C. Reilly Hosts Ceremony Honoring The Best Animated Feature Oscar Nominees
- 'The Lego Movie' Takes A Dive At The Box Office Thanks To Liam Neeson And Jesus Christ