Fox's NFL Sunday to Commemorate 9/11 With George W. Bush, Robert De Niro Narratives
The former president and Oscar winning actor have lent their voices to various segments to be aired on Sunday.
As the 10th anniversary of 9/11 approaches, NFL on Fox has prepared several features to be broadcast this Sunday, including one narrated by former president George W. Bush.
Bush filmed a two-minute piece this week from Texas, which also includes members of the FDNY, NYPD and NY/NJ Port Authority Police Department. The intro is slated to air at 12 p.m. ET as a lead-in to Fox’s pregame coverage. In it, Bush talks about heroism, perseverance and recovery.
Academy Award winner Robert De Niro is also lending his voice to a special video introduction, which will be played at 12:57 pm ET as part of a pregame tribute from Shanksville, PA, to be simulcast live to all early games. The tribute will also include a performance of Taps from Shanksville, a moment of silence and the National Anthem from each game site.
Several News Corp networks will interrupt their own scheduled programming to provide coverage of the pregame ceremonies from Shanksville, including: Fox News, FX, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, SPEED, Big Ten Network, FUEL TV and more.
A similar ceremony is expected to take place from Arlington National Cemetery prior to the Giants/Redskins game at 4:15 p.m. ET.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR