Frank Darabont's 'L.A. Noir' Adds 'Gangster Squad' Actress (Exclusive)
Haley Strode will guest star in the TNT pilot as the first victim of mobster Mickey Cohen.
TNT's Frank Darabont crime drama pilot has found its first victim.
The Gangster Squad's Haley Strode has been tapped to guest star in the pilot based on John Buntin’s book L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America’s Most Seductive City, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The true story of a decades-long conflict between the LAPD and the city’s criminals, former Walking Dead star Jon Bernthal -- whose lead character Shane was axed in the penultimate episode -- will star as Joe Teague, the LAPD cop at the heart of the series that revolves around the police force's pursuit of mobster Mickey Cohen.
Strode, whose credits include guest gigs on Whitney, Castle and NBC's buzzy Ryan Murphy pilot The New Normal, will play the as-yet-uncast Cohen's first victim. Told in flashback, she perishes in a violent crime at the hands of a then-9-year-old Cohen.
The ARC Talent Management-repped Strode will co-star in Warner Bros.' upcoming The Gangster Squad, playing Giovanni Ribisi's wife.
L.A. Noir, picked up to pilot earlier this year, is shaping up to be a Walking Dead reunion for Darabont. In addition to Bernthal, Dead alums Jeffrey DeMunn and Andrew Rothenberg have boarded the drama, with TNT expected to make an announcement on its fate this month during Turner's upfront presentation to advertisers in New York.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR