Friday Ratings: 'Friday Night Lights' Up, CW Dramas Slip
CBS wins night in 18-49 demo with "Superstar Women of Country" special.
Good Friday was good to Friday Night Lights in the ratings.
While a handful of originals aired, most of them slipping slightly, the football drama (3.8 million, 1.0) -- airing its final season on NBC -- saw a boost in viewers and the 18-49 demo. That led to a two-hour Dateline (6.1 million, 1.4) that was up as well.
Even with a CSI: NY rerun, CBS still won the night in the demo (1.4) with a two-hour special, Girls Night Out: Superstar Women of Country (8.4 million, 1.6).
The CW's Smallville (2.2 million, 0.9) declined a bit, not surprising on an Easter weekend, with Supernatural (2 million, 0.9) steady.
Fox aired a repeat of Kitchen Nightmares before a new Fringe (3.5 million, 1.2) which hit a new low, according to preliminary numbers. This could easily be adjusted up when finals come in.
ABC's Shark Tank (5 million, 1.4) continues to perform steadily, acting as lead-in to the newsmagazines.
ABC and NBC tied for second with a 1.2 rating, with Fox (1.1) and the CW (0.9) trailing.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR