Friday Ratings: 'Friday Night Lights' Up, CW Dramas Slip
CBS wins night in 18-49 demo with "Superstar Women of Country" special.
Good Friday was good to Friday Night Lights in the ratings.
While a handful of originals aired, most of them slipping slightly, the football drama (3.8 million, 1.0) -- airing its final season on NBC -- saw a boost in viewers and the 18-49 demo. That led to a two-hour Dateline (6.1 million, 1.4) that was up as well.
Even with a CSI: NY rerun, CBS still won the night in the demo (1.4) with a two-hour special, Girls Night Out: Superstar Women of Country (8.4 million, 1.6).
The CW's Smallville (2.2 million, 0.9) declined a bit, not surprising on an Easter weekend, with Supernatural (2 million, 0.9) steady.
Fox aired a repeat of Kitchen Nightmares before a new Fringe (3.5 million, 1.2) which hit a new low, according to preliminary numbers. This could easily be adjusted up when finals come in.
ABC's Shark Tank (5 million, 1.4) continues to perform steadily, acting as lead-in to the newsmagazines.
ABC and NBC tied for second with a 1.2 rating, with Fox (1.1) and the CW (0.9) trailing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting