'Fringe' Digital Comic Series Debuts
Josh Jackson is penning several issues for the DC Entertainment effort.
To gear up for the launch of the fourth season of Fringe, a digital comic series by DC Entertainment written with series star Josh Jackson has debuted.
Beyond the Fringe, featuring cover art by Drew Johnson, will explore pivotal events that take place between the third and fourth seasons of the Fox sci-fi drama, and will also look at alternative scenarios.
The new digital comic will alternate every two weeks between two shorelines for 14 chapters. "A" storylines look at things that are directly related to the show, while "B" storylines explore the alternative scenarios (ex: how things might be different if some elements are out of balance).
Jackson is penning Peter and the Machine, an arc that will consist of the first three "A" issues.
Beyond the Fringe marks the third comic series based on the show. The first issue is available for download at read.dccomics.com or through the DC Comics app on mobile phones.
Fringe premieres Friday, Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. on Fox.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)