'Fringe' Series Finale Details Revealed
The two-hour series ender, which includes the 100th episode, will air Friday, Jan. 18.
Fox has announced the airdate for the Fringe series closer.
After five seasons, the multiple universe, sci-fi cult drama will end with a two-hour finale on Friday, Jan. 18 at 8 p.m., which will also include the landmark 100th episode.
Season five has taken the Fringe team to the dystopian world of 2036, introduced in a season four episode. Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Jasika Nicole and Blair Brown co-star.
Read on for statements from Kevin Reilly, as well as executive producers J.J. Abrams and J.H. Wyman:
J.J. Abrams, Fringe co-creator: “It has been an absolute honor to have been a part of the weird and wonderful world of Fringe. I will always owe the cast and crew for pouring their hearts and souls into every dimension of this series. Creating the show with Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman was a joy, but watching it evolve over the years into such an imaginative, insane and heartbreaking ride is nothing less than a thrill. I am grateful to our blessed fans, and to Kevin Reilly and Peter Rice and everyone at the glorious Fox network for allowing Fringe to reach its bittersweet conclusion.”
J.H. Wyman, showrunner: "Above all else, from the bottom of my heart, I would like to personally thank everyone involved with Fringe. From the most amazing fans, to our incredible cast, writers and crew, and our wonderful partners at Fox and Warner Bros. – we would not be here without you. It simply cannot be overstated how grateful I am for the ongoing and unconditional support we have received over the past five seasons. It has been both mind-blowing and humbling. I’ve always been a fan of science fiction, and to be able to tell this story about a family – a family that, through everything, fought together for survival – has been a highlight of my career. As we approach the final chapter, I can hardly believe it, and I’m just truly thankful for this unparalleled experience.”
Kevin Reilly, chairman of entertainment at Fox: "Fringe has truly imagined the impossibilities over its five seasons and will go down in the books as one of FOX’s most riveting and creatively brilliant series. It has been a blast to work with J.J., Joel and their masterful creative teams, as well as with Anna, Josh and John and the rest of the most talented cast and crew in the business.”
Fringe airs Fridays at 9 p.m. on Fox.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)