TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank,' 'Grimm' Get Boosts; 'Fringe' Stays Low
CBS edges out ABC for the narrow victory on the strength of "CSI: NY" and "Blue Bloods."
CBS posted a narrow victory on Friday over close competitor ABC, which was boosted by an improved Shark Tank in the ratings.
The Eye's drama lineup improved compared to last week, with the exception of 8 p.m.'s A Gifted Man (8.8 million total viewers 1.2 rating in adults 18-49 demographic), which remained steady. CSI: NY (10.3 million, 1.7) and Blue Bloods (11.8 million, 1.8) both saw jumps. The network averaged 10.3 million viewers and a 1.6 rating in primetime.
A close second in the nightly demo with a 1.5, ABC saw a big boost with reality series Shark Tank (5.9 million, 1.8) leading the way. Tank righted itself after slipping every episode in the ratings, gaining three-tenths in the demo and luring 700,000 more viewers than last week. Newsmagazine What Would You Do? (4.6 million, 1.5) improved, while 20/20 (5.2 million, 1.4) dropped.
NBC's Who Do You Think You Are? (5.5 million, 1.2) ticked up one-tenth, but dropped in viewership from the premiere. Fairytale procedural Grimm (5.2 million, 1.6) took a turn for a better after seeing a steep drop last week in the ratings. Dateline (5.2 million, 1.5) followed at 10 p.m., gaining four-tenths on its previous episode in 18-49.
Fox's Fringe did not see gains this week, staying at a series low rating of 1.1 and averaging just 3 million viewers. Its lead-in Kitchen Nightmares (3.6 million, 1.5) slipped.
The CW's Nikita (1.4 million, 0.5) and Supernatural (1.7 million, 0.7) stayed solid.
CBS won the 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. hours, while ABC topped 8 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)