TV Ratings: 'Fringe' Hits Series Low
CBS will likely take home the Friday victory thanks to the NCAA basketball tournament.
Better luck next time, Fringe.
Returning after a month, Fox's cult sci-fi drama posted a series low in the key advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo with a 0.9 rating opposite the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, a Grimm repeat, Supernatural and a newsmagazine. Its previous low was a 1.1.
Live tweeting during the episode by star Josh Jackson and episode director/executive producer J.H. Wyman didn't boost ratings, though Fringe didn't quite reach new lows in viewership, averaging 2.88 million, which tied two previous episodes this season. Fringe placed third in its time slot, beating Grimm and Supernatural.
Fringe lead-in Kitchen Nightmares (3.1 million, 1.0) was down from the previous week, when the network aired a rerun.
CBS is likely to take home the Friday victory in primetime. According to fast nationals, the network averaged 6.5 million viewers and a 2.2 rating from 8-11 p.m.
ABC's Shark Tank (6 million, 1.5) dropped this week, while What Would You Do? (5.2 million, 1.6) ticked up. 20/20 (5.4 million, 1.6) also improved.
NBC's Who Do You Think You Are? (5.8 million, 1.0) matched its most recent original. Dateline (4.4 million 0.9) sank.
The CW's Nikita (1.6 million, 0.5) improved one-tenth, while Supernatural (1.6 million, 0.6) hit a low.
CBS will win the demo fight, with ABC and Fox rounding out the top three.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR