'Fringe's' Lance Reddick Heads to FX's 'Wilfred' (Exclusive)
He'll guest star in a third-season episode of the Jason Gann-Elijah Wood comedy.
FX's Wilfred is adding a Fringe alum to its ranks.
Lance Reddick will continue to explore his comedic chops with a guest turn on the upcoming third season of Wilfred, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
In the comedy starring Jason Gann and Elijah Wood, Reddick will guest star as Dr. Blum, Ryan's calm, no-nonsense therapist. An airdate for Wilfred's third season has yet to be announced, but Reddick will likely appear in the back-half of the season.
For Reddick, who recently wrapped his five-season turn as Phillip Broyles on Fox's Fringe, the Wilfred gig -- which he films this week -- marks his latest venture into comedy. In addition to doing skits for College Humor and Funny or Die, Reddick also recently guest starred on FX's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Repped by Paradigm and Steven Adams Entertainment, he has features White House Down and Old Boy due this year.
FX renewed Wilfred in October, with David Zuckerman -- who adapted the series from the Australian comedy of the same name -- stepping down as showrunner. Writer/EPs Reed Agnew and Eli Jorne will now oversee the series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR