FX Lands Rights to 'Bad Teacher'
The Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake starrer joins recent pickups including "Green Lantern" and "Super 8."
FX is has added to its blockbuster slate, picking up the Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake and Jason Segal starrer Bad Teacher.
The male-skewing network said Tuesday that it has picked up Sony's risque comedy, which grossed $31 million in its first weekend -- good enough for a second-place finish behind Pixar's Cars.
Bad Teacher joins previous FX pickups including Green Lantern, Mr. Poppers Penguins, X-Men: First Class and J.J. Abrams-Steven Spielberg's sci-fi feature Super 8 as well as several marquee titles including Disney's Tron: Legacy, Sony's The Green Hornet and Paramount's animated Rango. The network also picked up The Hangover Part II.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game