FX Networks Starts Rolling Out Streaming App FXNOW
The "TV Everywhere" program for cable subscribers will include the massive 530-episode "Simpsons" library starting in August.
FX Networks content is hitting the road. The network announced Tuesday that it's "TV Everywhere" app FXNOW has begun rolling out for authenticated cable subscribers.
Content from FX, FXX and FXM will be available on the app, which follows in the footsteps of HBOGO, Showtime Anytime and Watch ABC. Aside from the networks' roster of original and acquired series, 165 film titles will be available in 2014 -- with more than 200 titles expected in 2015 and beyond.
FX originals that will be available on the service include dramas Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Americans. The Bridge, Tyrant (June), The Strain (July), comedies Louie, Archer and Chozen and miniseries American Horror Story: Coven and Fargo (April).
FXX originals include It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Wilfred, Legit and Ali G: Rezurection.
Just as big as the network's originals is its streaming rollout for The Simpsons. FXX acquired off-network rights to The Simpsons in November in one of the biggest deal of its kind. Starting in August, 530 episodes from the series' first 24 seasons will be available.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR