FX's 'The American's' Enlists 'Hawthrone' Alum (Exclusive)
Derek Luke will play a guy who shares a romantic past with Keri Russel's KGB spy.
FX's The Americans has enlisted a man from KGB spy Keri Russell's past.
In the 1980s-set Soviet-era drama starring the Felicity alum and Matthew Rhys as KGB spies posing as Americans, Derek Luke will recur as Gregory, a civil rights activist-turned-KGB asset. His romantic past with Elizabeth Jennings (Russell) complicates his work as a trusted operative.
Luke's credits include the feature Sparkle, opposite Jordin Sparks, as well as Friday Night Lights, Hawthorne and Captain America. He joins recent addition Margo Martindale (Justified) as having secured recurring gigs on the freshman drama.
FX's buzzy drama premieres Jan. 30. Luke is repped by WME, Greenlight Management and attorney Matt Johnson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR