FX Renews 'The League' for Season 5
The half-hour comedy will return for 13 more episodes next fall.
FX has renewed The League for a fifth season.
The half-hour comedy series has been picked up for 13 more episodes, the cable network announced Thursday. Production on the new season will begin next summer, with the new season set to launch in the fall.
"The League is flat out one of the funniest shows on television," said Nick Grad, executive vp original programming. "Co-creators Jeff and Jackie Schaffer have such a perfect take on the material, and the show has an amazingly talented ensemble cast of stars. Another season was an easy decision, and we hope to have it on our schedule for many more years to come."
The current season has been averaging 1.63 million viewers, with 1.45 million among adults 18-49. With encores, season four has averaged 2.43 million viewers and nearly 2.1 million in the adult demo.
The League follows a group of friends in a fantasy football league.
It closes out season four Thursday with back-to-back episodes beginning at 10:30 p.m. on FX.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR