FXX Cancels 'Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell'
UPDATED: The late-night talker from executive producer Chris Rock, which adopted a daily format in its second season, suffered a dramatic loss of viewers in its move from FX.
FXX is pulling the plug on Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell. The relatively young talk show, one of a handful of originals that made the move from parent network FX in the recent spinoff, has been canceled after two seasons, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
The nightly talker, from Bell and executive producer Chris Rock, received a warm reception in 2013 but struggled to find viewers without an original lead-in during most of the week. Airing at 11 p.m. on the young cable network, the show was available in 72 million homes -- 26 million fewer than FX. Defamer was first to report the news.
Bell's audience was sound enough in its FXX premiere, returning to 90,000 adults 18-34 and 137,000 adults 18-49. And though those numbers marked steep, double-digit drops from the first season, it was the subsequent episodes, without the boost from lead-ins It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League, that suffered the most.
Recent episodes dipped as low as just 10,000 total viewers. The series hit a best in June, bringing in 577,000 viewers to FX.
This marks the second step backwards in the FX Networks' plan for late-night talk. Russell Brand's BrandX was canceled earlier this year. At the time, FX Networks and FX Productions CEO John Landgraf cited more confidence in Bell's late-night contribution. "We saw more potential and upside in audience response," he said.
The last episode of Totally Biased will air Sunday, Nov. 17, with a "best of" package.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche