'Game of Thrones' Adds 'Billy Elliot's' Patrick Malahide
The British actor joins the Season 2 cast as the head of the House Greyjoy.
HBO’s Emmy-nominated drama Game of Thrones continues to fill out its cast as production is under way on Season 2.
British actor Patrick Malahide has been cast as Lord Balon Greyjoy, the head of the house of Greyjoy, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Balon is the ruler of the Iron Islands and father to Theon (Alfie Allen) and Yara (Gemma Whelan).
Malahide joins a growing cast that includes recent additions Robert Pugh as Craster, Roy Dotriceas Pyromancer Hallyne; German actor Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen; andWhelan as Yara. Other additions include Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon; and Carice van Houten as Melisandre.
Malahide’s credits include the featuresSahara, Quills and Billy Elliot. His TV work includes stints on Law & Order: U.K., Into the Storm and Five Days.
The news was first reported by WinterIsComing.net.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws