'Game of Thrones' Braces for the Battle of the Blackwater (Video)
As the sophomore season nears an end, one of the books' most dramatic conflicts finally makes its way to the screen.
Since Game of Thrones first received the green light for its second season, back in 2011, fans of George R. R. Martin's source material have been wondering how the television series would ever translate A Clash of Kings' Battle of the Blackwater. Next week, they'll find out.
Though HBO has only offered little snippets of the conflict, one of the biggest from A Song of Ice and Fire series, the network has unleashed a 32-second teaser that offers some insight into the scope of the scene. Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane), absent for some time, and his army are seen sailing into King's Landing at night, while an apparently insufficient number of troops prepares to defend Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and the rest of the Lannister clan.
"There are too many," says the little king.
It's a culmination of a season's worth of tension, each episode seemingly loosening Joffrey's hold on the Iron Throne. And since May 27 only marks the penultimate episode of the season, the fallout during the finale should be equally as epic.
Watch the video below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)