'Game of Thrones' Finale Earns Season-High Viewership
Three million tuned into the first airing of the finale Sunday, an increase of 37 percent over the premiere.
Game of Thrones ended its season with season-high viewership.
3.9 million viewers combined watched the two airings of the finale this past Sunday.
The 9 p.m. broadcast averaged three million viewers, an increase of 37 percent compared to the Games of Thrones premiere.
876,000 viewers tuned into the encore airing at 11:15 p.m.
According to HBO numbers season-to-date, Game of Thrones has an average gross audience (linear plays, DVR and HBO on Demand) of 8.3 million viewers.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)