'Game of Thrones' Finds its Dangerous, Seductive Jaqen
German actor Tom Wlaschiha will recur on Season 2 of the HBO drama.
German actor Tom Wlaschiha is joining the Night’s Watch on HBO’s Game of Thrones.
Jaqen is described as a sly, enigmatic and dangerous criminal who is part of Yoren’s (Francis Magee)group of recruits taken from King’s Landing to join the Night’s Watch. The character is seductive, charming and said to be very dangerous.
In the George R.R. Martin novels on which the series is based, Jaqen is described as a magical assassin who is saved by Arya Stark (Maisie Williams on the HBO series) while being escorted to the Wall to join the Night’s Watch.
Wlaschiha joins a growing cast for the second season, which includes Gemma Whelan as Yara Greyjoy and such other recent additions as Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon, the older brother of the late King Robert (Mark Addy); and Carice van Houten as Melisandre, an intimidating woman who councils Stannis in his quest to claim the throne.
Production began last month in Belfast on Season 2 of Game of Thrones.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera